30th Anniversary Series - Requiem by Tomás Luis de Victoria (1548-1611)
The latest addition to the Cathedral Choir's catalogue is a recording of music by John Sheppard, a towering figure of the English Renaissance.
A rich, luminous acoustic halo seems to surround the music as it soars ever upward. Under David Hill's expert direction this choir has achieved a depth and body of tone totally appropriate to this full-blooded Iberian music.
1. Credo quod redemptor meus vivit
2. Taedet animam meam vitae meae
3. Ego sum resurrectio et vita – Benedictus Dominus, Deus Israel
4. Introitus Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine
6. Graduale Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine
7. Offertorium Domine Jesu Christe, rex gloriae
8. Sanctus and Benedictus
9. Agnus Dei
10. Communio Lux aeterna luceat eis
11. Versa est in luctum
12. Libera me, Domine, de morte aeterna